Skip to main content

Scammers, Stars and God's Word

 I am musing about....

Scammers, Stars and God's Word


Oh, last week was not fun! Not at all.  

You see, technologically speaking, it was "one of those weeks".  And then some.

It began with my printer. It stopped printing. I was pretty sure I knew why. An HP Insta-ink issue. I was pretty sure I had exceeded my page limit and thus the printer shut down. Thought it should be a pretty easy fix. A quick phone call should take care of it.

So I googled HP Customer Support and gave them a call.

Unbeknownst to me at the time....I had not reached who I thought I had.

May this post be considered a warning to all of you dear readers. Beware. Scammers are slick, tricky and prevalent. I found this out the hard way.

So without going into detail...suffice it to say, I was scammed. I was somewhat skeptical from the get-go. But I trusted that I was speaking to HP Customer Support, the company behind my printer. And computer.

 As the realization of what had taken place took hold of my mind, I felt attacked, anxious, concerned. I did not sleep the best that night.

The next day I was working on our Bible Study on Jude. My electronic devices were shut off. I removed WiFi from my phone (just in case). I was feeling vulnerable, weary.

 The writer of the Study asked that we turn to 1 Peter 3:13-15 with the words "Read this and be encouraged by the Word". Oh how encouraged I was! How perfect! It was just what I needed. Thank you Jesus!

This is what it said.....

"And who is he that will harm you, if you be followers of that which is good?

But and if you suffer for righteousness sake, happy are ye. AND BE NOT AFRAID OF THEIR TERROR, NEITHER BE TROUBLED.

But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asks you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear."

Is that not beautiful?

And even the fact that it was capitalized. In texting that means that someone is yelling at you. It was like God was really trying to get my attention!! He was letting me know in no uncertain terms that I need not fear, but claim the HOPE that I have in Jesus!

Thankfully, eventually, I was able to get things taken care of. Got my computer cleaned up, took care of security concerns, got my money back. Praise God!

And speaking of security concerns.....one more thing that happened....

As I was walking later that night, under a beautiful star studded sky, I looked up into the Heavens and talked with God. I shared my concerns of possible identity theft and of what had happened.

And then He beautifully spoke to my heart. He assured me that my identity as His child could never be stolen. That I was His and He carries me (us) always in His loving, caring and SECURE arms!

Thank you sweet Jesus!!


                                            



                                                         




                                                




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Gift of Art and Creative Contributions

I am marveling at                                                                                                           the Gift of Art and Creative Contributions! Wow. What a lovely day. My legs are tired, but my heart if full. Hubby and I biked another portion of the Hennepin Trail today. Beautiful and historic! So of course, our love affair with God's beautiful creation was stoked. But surprisingly, so was my appreciation for Art. We enjoyed biking past one lock after another, those old engineering marvels from the early days of the 20th century. The trail we biked along was a link to days gone by. For it was the same old pathway utilized by mules as they hauled the barges laden with grain and supplies along the canal joining the Mississippi and Illinois rivers. How I appreciated the old steel rusty structures, the bridges and the locks, with their levers, gears, arches and spokes. They spoke to me of the past. As did the old path itself.   There were relatively few people o

What I Saw Today

 I am musing...                                                                                                            ~11/2020 about what I saw today I stepped into the med room this morning. It is a little room off of the west side nurse's station.  It was quiet back there. And what I saw made my heart sing with a sense of grateful comfort. There on the counter, someone had left an open Bible. It was sitting there, a testimony that someone had likely taken a moment to grab a deep breath  and glean some divine words of encouragement. It was still open, inviting others to also partake from the comfort of it's living pages. Like for so many, this has been a really tough season for all of us. Nurses, aides, administration, housekeeping, dietary, activities....we all have found ourselves caught up in a reality we did not realize we had signed up for. The extra logistics, anxieties, regulations. uncertainties, fogged up glasses, claustrophobic masks, staffing challenges, reside

God Stories. What's yours?

    I am marveling at God stories. What's yours?? Our daughter has a good friend. Her name is Stephanie. She is creative, talented, bubbly, sensitive and loves Jesus! And she wrote a book. For kids. About God. Called Always Remember . It is different then most kid's books. It has a poetic lilt which is beautiful, but atypical in its cadence. It's wording is unique; yet lovely. It is simple and it is deep.  It's premise is pivotal, declaring Truth! It is almost layered in that each reading of this basically simple book helps peel back another level of understanding and appreciation. It is a book that is actually instructional. It should be read often as a way to reflect and then to live. The main theme is teaching kids (and adults alike) to... Stop. Ponder. Remember God. To see Him every day in everything. To align daily with who He is. It is beautifully illustrated, with large colorful pictures that engage, teach, enlighten and intrigue. She shared how the book was firs