Skip to main content

Above and Beyond

 

I am marveling about

---above and beyond


Have you ever had a day that just kept getting better and better?

I had a day like that today. 

Today was special. A day of transition. A day that marked an end to an era and the beginning of another.

I had looked forward to it for awhile now, with mixed feelings. 

I knew I would miss what I had known and so enjoyed. Yet, I felt excited and ready for what lay ahead.

I knew it would be bittersweet. I knew it would be emotional. 

But I did not know how sweet it would be.  

I was thankful for God's peace which had lovingly pushed me forward, letting me know the time was right.

But I did not expect such kindness. Such validation. It was a day full of surprises. First this happened, and then that. And then something more. I felt humbled, thankful and blessed.

Then this evening our son had planned a Zoom call. Unbeknownst to me all the kids, spouses and grands were there celebrating the day! Party hats, smiles, congrats! My husband presented me with  cards that they had secretly sent. He presented me with flowers. My son asked questions about past experiences. We reminisced and shared. It was beyond sweet. I was beyond humbled.

That verse came to mind, how God will do "exceeding abundant what we think or ask". Such was today.

And such will be the day for each of us as we enter Glory. We can not imagine it. But today helped me get a tiny glimpse of the joy that awaits as one blessing will give way to the next which will usher in the next and then something else. When we think it can't get any better, it will, every moment, for forever, starting with the amazing gift of finally meeting our Savior face to face.

What a day it was today.

But oh what a day THAT will be!!! Beyond comprehension. Above and beyond!


                                                



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Gift of Art and Creative Contributions

I am marveling at                                                                                                           the Gift of Art and Creative Contributions! Wow. What a lovely day. My legs are tired, but my heart if full. Hubby and I biked another portion of the Hennepin Trail today. Beautiful and historic! So of course, our love affair with God's beautiful creation was stoked. But surprisingly, so was my appreciation for Art. We enjoyed biking past one lock after another, those old engineering marvels from the early days of the 20th century. The trail we biked along was a link to days gone by. For it was the same old pathway utilized by mules as they hauled the barges laden with grain and supplies along the canal joining the Mississippi and Illinois rivers. How I appreciated the old steel rusty structures, the bridges and the locks, with their levers, gears, arches and spokes. They spoke to me of the past. As did the old path itself.   There were relatively few people o

What I Saw Today

 I am musing...                                                                                                            ~11/2020 about what I saw today I stepped into the med room this morning. It is a little room off of the west side nurse's station.  It was quiet back there. And what I saw made my heart sing with a sense of grateful comfort. There on the counter, someone had left an open Bible. It was sitting there, a testimony that someone had likely taken a moment to grab a deep breath  and glean some divine words of encouragement. It was still open, inviting others to also partake from the comfort of it's living pages. Like for so many, this has been a really tough season for all of us. Nurses, aides, administration, housekeeping, dietary, activities....we all have found ourselves caught up in a reality we did not realize we had signed up for. The extra logistics, anxieties, regulations. uncertainties, fogged up glasses, claustrophobic masks, staffing challenges, reside

God Stories. What's yours?

    I am marveling at God stories. What's yours?? Our daughter has a good friend. Her name is Stephanie. She is creative, talented, bubbly, sensitive and loves Jesus! And she wrote a book. For kids. About God. Called Always Remember . It is different then most kid's books. It has a poetic lilt which is beautiful, but atypical in its cadence. It's wording is unique; yet lovely. It is simple and it is deep.  It's premise is pivotal, declaring Truth! It is almost layered in that each reading of this basically simple book helps peel back another level of understanding and appreciation. It is a book that is actually instructional. It should be read often as a way to reflect and then to live. The main theme is teaching kids (and adults alike) to... Stop. Ponder. Remember God. To see Him every day in everything. To align daily with who He is. It is beautifully illustrated, with large colorful pictures that engage, teach, enlighten and intrigue. She shared how the book was firs