Skip to main content

Preeminence


I am musing....


about Preeminence


Preeminence. I LOVE that word! I use that word...alot. I think it. I pray it. I go back to it. Time and again. It gives me comfort and realignment. It helps me navigate life. It gives hope, reassurance, peace and purpose.

Why? Because of the context in which I use it. CHRIST IS THE PREEMINENCE! He is my all-in-all! He is on the throne! He has all things. He is all knowing and all powerful and all present!

And there-in I find hope and comfort and reassurance and peace and realignment and purpose.

When Satan throws those darts of doubt and fear, I raise my shield of faith and shout from my soul “HE IS THE PREEMINENCE!”

Life can be going along. Hunky Dory. Life is good. I have been able to touch base with all the kiddos and the grandkiddos:) I have had my sweet grandbaby-time (whether in my arms or on Facebook). My hubby seems happy and content. The house is clean (enough). Work is going well. Bible Study is scheduled for this week. We have some exciting things coming up on the calender. My ministries are giving me purpose and joy. And then...something happens.

My life boat starts swirling in the waters of the day. I hang on. It is hard to get focus for a time as the boat rises, falls and goes this way and that with the swell of the tide. So I close my eyes and I focus my eyes and my mind and my heart on Jesus. I speak the TRUTH of His Preeminence. I open my clenched hands, and lift them up. I surrender the situation to Jesus. And my boat finds calm, no matter if the storm is still raging.

His Word is the fuel that resources my Faith. It is the source. Where TRUTH is found. Thankfully, it is spoken over the radio waves, in the beautiful music we have such easy access to, in our church on Wednesday night and Sunday and many other times in between. How blessed we are. How saturated with TRUTH we can be! I can have “Jesus stuff” available for hours a day. Each time I am in my car, at home, attending most of the places and things I attend of a day.

In a word, I am spoiled. Spoon fed. Saturated. It is available and I know where to find it. And now, another TRUTH. One I find quite convicting....

What am I truly doing about it? Am I sharing it? Am I passing it along? Am I living it, day in and day out?
Am I selfish? Just taking it all in and growing Spiritually fat, not using the energy it provides to truly change lives and make a difference for my Lord and King, My Savior and Redeemer. He who has the Preeminence.

So now I want to go forth. Starting today. With a prayer on my heart and motivation in my soul. Lord, help me use what you have given me; my gifts, talents, health, energy, resources, understanding and your grace to further your Gospel. I know I am far from being the image of you, the image for which I was created to be. But by your grace, I am being refined. For your service.  I am thankful, and needy and at your mercy.

Lord, help me to see times and places and situations when your preeminence is so evident. Help me to share this, that we may all learn and grow and celebrate!

And now, onward with my Jesus, my Preeminence. My number one. He on whom I look and rely and trust and serve and in whom I dwell.

Jesus.

Is He your Preeminence too?



                                









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Gift of Art and Creative Contributions

I am marveling at                                                                                                           the Gift of Art and Creative Contributions! Wow. What a lovely day. My legs are tired, but my heart if full. Hubby and I biked another portion of the Hennepin Trail today. Beautiful and historic! So of course, our love affair with God's beautiful creation was stoked. But surprisingly, so was my appreciation for Art. We enjoyed biking past one lock after another, those old engineering marvels from the early days of the 20th century. The trail we biked along was a link to days gone by. For it was the same old pathway utilized by mules as they hauled the barges laden with grain and supplies along the canal joining the Mississippi and Illinois rivers. How I appreciated the old steel rusty structures, the bridges and the locks, with their levers, gears, arches and spokes. They spoke to me of the past. As did the old path itself.   There were relatively few people o

What I Saw Today

 I am musing...                                                                                                            ~11/2020 about what I saw today I stepped into the med room this morning. It is a little room off of the west side nurse's station.  It was quiet back there. And what I saw made my heart sing with a sense of grateful comfort. There on the counter, someone had left an open Bible. It was sitting there, a testimony that someone had likely taken a moment to grab a deep breath  and glean some divine words of encouragement. It was still open, inviting others to also partake from the comfort of it's living pages. Like for so many, this has been a really tough season for all of us. Nurses, aides, administration, housekeeping, dietary, activities....we all have found ourselves caught up in a reality we did not realize we had signed up for. The extra logistics, anxieties, regulations. uncertainties, fogged up glasses, claustrophobic masks, staffing challenges, reside

God Stories. What's yours?

    I am marveling at God stories. What's yours?? Our daughter has a good friend. Her name is Stephanie. She is creative, talented, bubbly, sensitive and loves Jesus! And she wrote a book. For kids. About God. Called Always Remember . It is different then most kid's books. It has a poetic lilt which is beautiful, but atypical in its cadence. It's wording is unique; yet lovely. It is simple and it is deep.  It's premise is pivotal, declaring Truth! It is almost layered in that each reading of this basically simple book helps peel back another level of understanding and appreciation. It is a book that is actually instructional. It should be read often as a way to reflect and then to live. The main theme is teaching kids (and adults alike) to... Stop. Ponder. Remember God. To see Him every day in everything. To align daily with who He is. It is beautifully illustrated, with large colorful pictures that engage, teach, enlighten and intrigue. She shared how the book was firs