Skip to main content

Contacts

 

I am marveling about.....


Contacts 


Is anyone else amazed at contacts? A small, round, disposable disc that fits on the eye and enables us to go about our business of life with clarity of vision! I was, well, older, when I first started using these amazing inventions. Earlier this year in fact. I will not say that it was an easy learning curve; the insertion and removal part. I may have asked for prayers. I may have made multiple trips to my eye Dr.  I may have called a neighbor who works for an eye Dr. to come over and talk me through a difficult removal one evening (thank you friend:)).

But now that I have thankfully caught onto it, I am humbly grateful every day for their blessed benefit. To be able to see like I used to and to not need to deal with reading glasses is, well, suffice it to say... a gift!

 But how much better the gift that Jesus has given all of those who believe on His name. Spiritual vision! The ability to see life with an eternal clarity that defies the blurry lines of this world's hurts, confusion and challenges. 

And how do we get this spiritual vision? By inserting Faith into our lives, a faith that comes from making contact with our Savior. There was the initial contact of surrender and repentance, like the initial prescription that our eye Dr. made to fit our personal vision need. We all have the same prescription for the eternal vision that gives us eternal life: Belief in the saving blood of Jesus Christ!

 And just as we need to daily insert our contacts in order to have clear vision, so we need daily contact with our Lord and Savior to be able to function with clear Spiritual sight and perspective.

Thank you Jesus for making this possible, for the contact of your love as you give us heavenly vision!


                                                



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I Saw Today

 I am musing...                                                                                                            ~11/2020 about what I saw today I stepped into the med room this morning. It is a little room off of the west side nurse's station.  It was quiet back there. And what I saw made my heart sing with a sense of grateful comfort. There on the counter, someone had left an open Bible. It was sitting there, a testimony that someone had likely taken a moment to grab a deep breath  and glean some divine words of encouragement. It was still open, inviting others to also partake from the comfort of it's living pages. Like for so many, this has been a really tough season for all of us. Nurses, aides, administration, housekeeping, dietary, activities....we all have found ourselves caught up in a reality we did not realize we had signed up for. The extra logistics, anxieties, regulations. uncertainties, fogged up glasses, claustrophobic masks, staffing challenges, reside

The Gift of Art and Creative Contributions

I am marveling at                                                                                                           the Gift of Art and Creative Contributions! Wow. What a lovely day. My legs are tired, but my heart if full. Hubby and I biked another portion of the Hennepin Trail today. Beautiful and historic! So of course, our love affair with God's beautiful creation was stoked. But surprisingly, so was my appreciation for Art. We enjoyed biking past one lock after another, those old engineering marvels from the early days of the 20th century. The trail we biked along was a link to days gone by. For it was the same old pathway utilized by mules as they hauled the barges laden with grain and supplies along the canal joining the Mississippi and Illinois rivers. How I appreciated the old steel rusty structures, the bridges and the locks, with their levers, gears, arches and spokes. They spoke to me of the past. As did the old path itself.   There were relatively few people o

God Stories. What's yours?

    I am marveling at God stories. What's yours?? Our daughter has a good friend. Her name is Stephanie. She is creative, talented, bubbly, sensitive and loves Jesus! And she wrote a book. For kids. About God. Called Always Remember . It is different then most kid's books. It has a poetic lilt which is beautiful, but atypical in its cadence. It's wording is unique; yet lovely. It is simple and it is deep.  It's premise is pivotal, declaring Truth! It is almost layered in that each reading of this basically simple book helps peel back another level of understanding and appreciation. It is a book that is actually instructional. It should be read often as a way to reflect and then to live. The main theme is teaching kids (and adults alike) to... Stop. Ponder. Remember God. To see Him every day in everything. To align daily with who He is. It is beautifully illustrated, with large colorful pictures that engage, teach, enlighten and intrigue. She shared how the book was firs